This is an old fashioned apple pie. There is something comforting about the combination of apples and cinnamon that is very hard to resist! I used a special pie crust cutter because I love to fancy up pies! This cutter belonged to my momma. We bought it up in New York City one day when we were there. Try one today!
- 2 pie crusts, homemade or store bought
- 6 or 7 large apples, sliced (I don’t peel my apples)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (you may also use apple pie spice if you wish)
- 1/4 cup of flour ( for thickening)
Make your pie crust first. To make your crust:
- 2/3 cups shortening, (I like Crisco)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cold water
Mix the apples, cinnamon and flour in a big bowl. Now place the prepared apples in the prepared crust. Put your top crust on your pie. Seal the edges with a fork. If it sticks to the fork, dip it in flour. Brush the top crust with cream, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 45 minutes or till the apples look done.
Now let it cool, cut a slice, grab a coffee and enjoy!!